Steamed Kale with Roast Pumpkin and Garlicky Tahini Dressing November 17 2015, 0 Comments
Welcome to our new blog series: Green with Envy. This series will bring you gorgeously green recipes to get you eating all your vegetables, all the time!
How could we start a series on greens without kale being the main feature? We all know it, we all love it, it soared to superfood fame over the last couple of years and we’re still not bored of it.
It’s just a good, humble green worth having around.
- 3-4 large kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 small or ½ a large pumpkin, seeds removed and cut into 2cm chunks
for the dressing:
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- salt + pepper
- little sweetener if desired
1. Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/180 Fan.
2. Toss your pumpkin and garlic cloves in a little oil in a roasting dish then roast for about 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
3. After about 30 minutes, steam your kale for 10 minutes or so.
4. Arrange the kale and pumpkin on a large serving dish and mix together the dressing ingredients (if you have a blender, go ahead and use it, but the soft garlic should mix easily with a fork or whisk) then drizzle it over.
We hope you enjoy this month’s gorgeous green recipe. Don’t forget show us a picture on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram if you make it!